INSTALLED COAL DUST PIPING BELLOWS
State-of-the-art Coal Dust Piping Bellows engineered to eliminate coal dust emissions between mills and burners! In 2018 Belman successfully designed and manufactured 41 sets of Coal Dust Piping bellows for a newly built unit in a Polish power plant. The Coal Dust Piping Bellows are now installed and successfully tested. The unit will be commissioned in the near future.
Installation point and requirements
The design parameters were critical due to the location of the Coal Dust Piping Bellows on the boilers pulverized fuel ducts. The power plant was equipped with supercritical once-through pulverized fuel boiler for bituminous coal and an extraction-condensing turbo. This was located in a closed cooling water system with a wet cooling tower. Coal dust is extremely abrasive and can clog the bellows of the Coal Dust Piping Bellows. For that reason, a special Coal Dust Piping Bellow solution was required.
The design of the Coal Dust Piping Bellows
To learn more about the design of the Coal Dust Piping Bellows, please refer to the case story:
The Refractory Lined Expansion Joints have the following design parameters:
Dimension: DN 600 • Length: 3460 mm • Medium: Air mixture of coal dust • Design temperature: 140°C • Design pressure: 0,05 barG • AX: +/-80 mm • LA: +/-596,6 mm • Bellows: 1.4541 • Welding ends: 1.0345 • Flanges: 1.0425 • Middle pipe: 1.0345 • Design code: EN 13445
- Short on-time delivery
- Coal dust emissions prevented between the mill and the burner contribute to reducing pollution and environmental issues for the plant
- Reliability of the Expansion Joint designed to work under the operating parameters
- Increased working efficiency and lengthened life cycle reduce operating costs and downtime.
- Benefit from the considerable know-how of an experienced manufacturer
- Technical information on Angular Expansion Joints is available in the Expansion Joint Catalogue
page 29 -30
- Installation examples of Angular Expansion Joints are available in the Expansion Joint Catalogue
pages 68 -73
Vattenfall • Termo Petroleo • Ørsted (Dong Energy) • RWE • Irkutsk Energo • STEAG • Novosibirsk Energo • Mosenergo • Drax • Hofor • Tauron • PakGen • BHEL • Ceylon Electricity Board • Rosatom • RWE Npower • Fortum • EDF (British Energy) • AEP Energy Services • E.ON • Inter RAO • Fernwärme Wien • ENGIE Electrabel • Enel • Howden Turbo UK • Uniper • Veitur • Ceylon • Howden • Mitsuibishi Power • Stadtwerke Flensborg • Kraftzer •
RELATED CASE STORIES
REFRACTORY LINED COAL DUST
Expansion Joints for coal dust engineered to eliminate coal dust emissions between mills and burners!
Read this interesting case story describing how we developed this remarkable Expansion Joint for the client.
Special designed Refractory Lined Expansion Bellows to avoid unwanted coal dust emissions in a power plant.